Showcase your brand with general collective
We showcase incredible talent from New Zealand’s creative community.
If you design, make, create, or curate high-quality homeware, artwork, jewellery, skin care, food, fashion, or something else, we’d love you to apply to join our online marketplace or one of our market days.
Visitors from across New Zealand attend our markets, and the addition of our online marketplace widens the audience further.
Whether online or at our in-person events, visitors love our attention to detail - the welcoming atmosphere, the curated variety of brands, the unique selection of beautiful products, the stylish look and feel, and the passion and story behind each business.
We’re not like any other creative marketplace and we’re collectively proud of that.
If you’re as excited as we are about that, you can apply here.
>> APPLY ONLINE <<
MEET THE CREATIVES
“I tried so many markets, but General Collective just blew them all out of the water.
It’s just the coolest market to be at. Full of really high-end handmade and New Zealand designed items.
It’s so well put together and the flow of the stalls is so carefully thought out for vendors and visitors alike, so that everyone has an awesome experience too.
From a business perspective it provides massive brand awareness opportunities, as well as the ability to connect directly with customers and to receive their feedback.
I love being able to build relationships with my customers and hear their feedback. Many of my General Collective customers come back to see me year after year because they know I’ll be there signing my books.
The connections I’ve made with the other vendors has been really valuable as well.
Everyone is buzzing. People are cruising around. There's not a high cost to get in and there's no pressure to buy. So it’s just a lovely way to spend a wonderful day.”
- Kat Quin, Author and Illustrator at Illustrated Publishing - home of Kuwi the Kiwi and friends.
>> APPLY ONLINE <<
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING US
We’re proud to provide a well-known and respected platform to showcase talented New Zealand creatives.
Through our online and in-person market experiences you have the opportunity to:
- Boost awareness of your brand.
- Connect with a wider audience and grow your customer/fan base.
- Gain valuable feedback and ideas for your brand.
- Stand out to potential retailers looking for wholesale opportunities.
- Generate incredible sales.
- Be promoted through our popular social media channels and large email list.
- Showcase your brand to hundreds of visitors before and after market day with your very own portfolio on our market day information site: generalcollectivemarket.co.nz.
- Build in-person relationships with visitors in real life at our market day events.
- Connect with a community of like-minded creatives in-person and online, with our dedicated vendor support group.
Sound good? More information and how-to apply can be found here.
>> APPLY ONLINE <<
CONSUMER DEMOGRAPHICS & STATISTICS*
* As at 2019
If you’d like to showcase your brand to our highly-engaged following you can apply here.
HOW WE SELECT BRANDS TO SHOWCASE
Due to the popularity of each General Collective market, and now our online marketplace, we receive more applications than we have physical or virtual space for.
This means not everyone who applies can be accepted.
We go through each application and carefully select vendors to ensure a high-quality balance of the right products and brands.
This is because we receive many applications from businesses that make similar products, such as jewellery, soap, and candles.
We encourage every applicant to put their best foot forward in their application. When assessing your application we place a high value on:
- Your story and passion for what you do.
- How you feel you can make a difference to the General Collective marketplace.
- How well your brand will fit with our audience (see our customer demographics.)
- Beautiful professional photography - applications will not be accepted without images of your products.
- How you plan to create an outstanding product display (for our in-person events).
More information about joining General Collective and our application process can be found here.