Frequently Asked Questions for Vendors
FAQs for Vendors Applying to Showcase Their Brand at General Collective
What is General Collective, and what type of products do you showcase?
- General Collective is a platform that showcases talent from New Zealand's creative community through in-person events, markets, & social channels.
- General Collective welcomes vendors who design, make, create, or curate high-quality homeware, artwork, jewellery, skincare, food, fashion, & more.
Joining General Collective offers several advantages, including:
- Boosting awareness of your brand.
- Connecting with a wider audience & growing your customer/fan base.
- Gaining valuable feedback & ideas for your brand.
- Attracting potential retailers looking for wholesale opportunities.
- Generating incredible sales.
- Exposure &/or promotion through popular social media channels & a large email list.
- Showcasing your brand on the General Collective online customer portal.
- Building in-person relationships with visitors at market day events.
- Connecting with a community of like-minded creatives through a dedicated vendor support group.
How does General Collective select brands to showcase?
- We review each application carefully to ensure a high-quality balance of products & brands.
When assessing applications, we consider:
- Your story & passion for what you do.
- How you believe you can contribute to General Collective events.
- The fit of your brand with our audience (please refer to our customer demographics).
- The quality of professional product photography (applications without images of your products will not be reviewed or accepted).
- Your plan for creating an outstanding product display.
- For competitive categories like jewellery, soap, & candles, we look for what sets your business apart from the rest.
- Due to the popularity of General Collective markets, we often receive more applications than we have physical space for. While we strive to showcase a diverse range of vendors, not everyone who applies can be accepted. It's essential to make your application shine for the best chance of being selected.
- You can find detailed information on showcasing your brand with General Collective here.
- Access the vendor portal for the online application for each event.
- Stall pricing starts from $135 + GST and varies based on the type of event and location.
- For specific information about stall pricing, stall sizes, and any additional costs and options, refer to the individual application for each event on our vendor portal.
- Yes, we welcome food vendors at the General Collective Lifestyle & Design Market and the General Collective Kids Market, & for special events.
- Our boutique markets - Glasshouse Market & Ponsonby Cental Market - don't allow for vendors to serve food prepared onsite, for consumption at the event. Food vendors offering baked goods or similar, or those intended to take home, may be considered after reviewing the application.
- Please ensure to provide details of your food offering in your application and include photos, each with a title & brief description.
- Food-related businesses must comply with all relevant food safety regulations
- Food certificates/grades must be loaded onto your profile in the vendor portal at time of application.
- Food providers for the General Collective Lifestyle & Design Market at Auckland Showgrounds must hold a minimum of $5 million public liability.
- General Collective primarily showcases New Zealand-based talent.
- There is no restriction on geographic location within New Zealand and we regularly welcome vendors from across both north and south islands.
- Overseas applicants will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Please include your location information in your application.
What is your cancellation policy?
- The cancellation policy is outlined in our Terms & Conditions, found here.
How can I contact General Collective if I have additional questions?